SHOW RECORDING 2022
The show recording is a lovely keepsake for the children and it allows them to watch themselves back! (Please note, the show is being filmed on the Tuesday night)
The show recording will be available to purchase for £12.50 and will be delivered to you via a ‘Netflix-esque’ platform. You will have an individual login for the platform so you can rewatch the show as many times as you like!
To order a copy, please fill in the form before by Sunday 7th August, and we will send you an invoice. You will receive a link via email mid-end August to create an account so you can access the recording.
PRE-ORDER YOUR SHOW PROGRAMME!
We have a limited number of show programmes available for pre-order. Our show programme is a lovely momentum and lists all the dances and dancers names, as well as some photos and other information.
Programmes will be available to buy on the night but it is cash only so order yours now and collect on the night, to save the hassle!
To pre-order your programme for just £3.00, please fill in the form below and we will invoice you for the programme. You will then be able to collect it at the theatre.
ORDERS MUST BE PLACED BY SUNDAY 17TH JULY.
KICKS DANCE SHOW 2022
There is a lot of really important information – please read carefully!
Due to the great success of previous shows and as we were not able to run the show in 2020 as planned, we are heading back to The Hawth in July for our bi-annual Kicks Dance show.
Once again we have amalgamated the East Grinstead, Horsham and Crawley children to create another special performance. This is an excellent opportunity for the children to showcase their hard work on a real stage! There is, of course, no obligation for your child to take part. Although some children may find the prospect a little over whelming, experience has shown that by the summer the children are very ready and excited to be performing for you in a real theatre. Children in our pre-school classes upwards will be invited to partake in the show, but we will not be asking for permission from our pre-school children until the start of the Summer Term.
DRESS REHEARSAL – SUNDAY 24TH JULY 2022
Children will be required to attend to rehearse the show and run-through on the stage. (Please keep the whole day free and we’ll confirm timings soon).
PERFORMANCES – MONDAY 25TH & TUESDAY 26TH JULY 2022 (please note this is the beginning of the summer holidays)
The show will start at 7.00pm. Children will be required at the theatre between 5.00pm – 6.00pm, depending on their class/age. The shows will finish at approx 9.00pm and the children should be out of the theatre by 9.15pm. (Pre-school children will be able to leave at during the interval, which will be approx 8.00pm)
We are working very hard to keep rehearsal and performance times to a minimum as we are aware that our children are very young. The show is in the Summer Holidays this year too so that should help. We also know what a wonderful, exciting opportunity you are giving your children by allowing them to represent Kicks. The children (and all of us!) will have a brilliant time.
Please note that one performance will be recorded and a copy will be available to purchase after the show, so by giving permission for your child to be in the show, you will be agreeing to your child being recorded. Children’s names will not be included on the recording.
Please complete the Show 2022 form to confirm whether your child will be taking part in the show by Sunday 13th February.
If you or your child are unsure, we would highly recommend that you give your permission for them to take part, as it is a lot easier to remove children than adding them at a later date.
Your child cannot take part in the show without your consent.
Any children not taking part in the show will still be learning the dances and taking part in the classes as normal.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As previously mentioned, to run a show, we will need lots of parents to take the chaperone course and become registered chaperones, which is a requirement of West Sussex County Council. Chaperones will be responsible for looking after the children backstage. The show cannot go ahead without sufficient chaperones so we are very grateful for anyone who is able to do the course.
The show cannot go ahead without enough chaperones so we really do appreciate your help
Staging a show such as this is inevitably financially taxing (hire of the theatre for performances and rehearsals, technicians, costumes, music licences etc) but as always, we will aim to keep the costumes simple and try to ask you only to provide items that may be used again. Unlike other dance schools, we do not charge a ‘show fee’, but instead we will be organising various fundraising events over the next few months to help raise some funds for the show. For those taking part in the show, we will be adding a voluntary £2.00 contribution per child to the Summer Term invoice to start the fundraising, please let us know if you don’t want us to apply this to your invoice.
Thank you very much for reading all of this information! We will be in touch soon with more information about purchasing tickets etc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Flo & Amelia
Show letter 2 (June 2022)
THIS LETTER IS ONLY FOR CHILDREN TAKING PART IN THE SHOW. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP.
There is a lot of really important information – please read carefully!
The show is only 8 weeks away and this next half term is going to be busy! Please read the important information below and let us know if you have any questions.
More information with the booking link and special code for priority booking will be sent out before Monday 13th June.
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday 24th July
The dress rehearsal will take place at the Hawth Theatre. It is essential that your child attends the dress rehearsal (unless you have previously let us know that your child is unable to)
Please see arrival and collection times below. These are approximate and may change slightly nearer the time. Pre-school children do not need to attend the dress rehearsal (unless they have older siblings in the show or parents are helping, in which case they are very welcome to attend).
Kicks Mix (all year groups)
Performances – Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th July
We try very hard to keep costs to a minimum for you and hope that anything you need to purchase will be something that can be worn again. We are finalising the details for the costumes and these will be with you shortly.
We are asking that each child has the below, as a base for their costumes (approx. £5 – £10 from Amazon/eBay). Having a leotard/shorts makes it much easier for the children to get changed easily and quickly in the dressing rooms.
Girls in Year 1 upwards must have the below –
Black sleeveless leotard (example here)
Black cycling shorts (example here)
Boys in Year 1 upwards must have the below –
Plain black t-shirt
Plain black shorts
(no logos or stripes etc)
It is really important that ALL children partaking in the show attend ALL classes where possible from now on please. The structure of all the dances depend very much on the whole class. Therefore, missing children distort the rehearsal. It is also hard for the child to catch up when they have missed a session. The children work so well as a team – each and every one of them special. We really want to bring you the best show we can, which does mean hard work and attendance from now on. If your child is poorly and cannot attend, we really appreciate you letting us know beforehand so that we are prepared – thank you.
All letters and show information are published here – https://kicksdance.co.uk/show2022/ so please bookmark this page and refer back to the webpage for all show information.
Flo, Amelia & Abbie x
Tickets for our Summer Show at the Hawth go on sale at 10.00am on Monday 13th JuneLots of important information (again!) in this email so please read carefully.Priority booking –
- From Monday 13th June at 10.00am, tickets will go on priority sale for Kicks parents / guardians. You will be able to buy 4 tickets per child across both nights (eg. You can book all 4 for the Monday or 2 for Monday and 2 for Tuesday). With over 370 children in the show, we have to limit the number of tickets you can purchase initially, to ensure everyone has a fair opportunityYou are not guaranteed to get tickets after the priority sale has ended so please ensure you purchase tickets before 1st July.How to buy tickets –
- Visit https://www.parkwoodtheatres.co.uk/The-Hawth and put Kicks Summer Dance Show in the ‘search for shows’ box
- The 2 show dates should come up (Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th July)
- The website will say the show is not on sale until the 1st of July (which is when tickets go on general sale)
- Enter the code – KICKS22 in the promo box and it will send you through to the seating plan. You can then choose your ticketsParents with multiple children in the show –
- You are entitled to 4 tickets per child (eg. 8 tickets if you have 2 children in the show), but you cannot book online, otherwise it will not work. Please call the Box Office at the Hawth on 01293 553636Pre-school and Reception children –
- Pre-school and Reception children can be collected at the interval (approx. 8.00pm but timings tbc)
- If you would like your Pre-school or Reception child to join you in the audience and watch the rest of the show, they will need their own ticket (due to fire regulations). These tickets are not part of your allocation of 4. We have introduced a reduced price ticket for Pre-school or Reception children who are watching the remainder of the show and these performer tickets can only be purchased via the Box Office (01293 553636)
- If you are watching the show and you would like your Pre-School or Reception child to stay with us backstage and go back onto stage for the finale, they’re more than welcome to. We will have some chaperones who will be able to look after the children during the remainder of the showAs we have a lot of pre-school and reception children in the show, we do try to discourage those audience members from leaving at the interval so that the children in the rest of the show have a full audience, but we understand that you may not have someone else to come and collect your child and that it may be too late a night for them.We are working very hard to keep rehearsal and performance times to a minimum as we are aware that our children are very young. We also know what a wonderful, exciting opportunity you are giving your children by allowing them to represent Kicks. The children (and all of us!) will have a brilliant time.General sale –
- Tickets will go on general sale on Friday 1st July. From this date, you and other family / friends can buy as many additional tickets as you would like!
- It would be great to have a full audience for the children as it really spurs them on and creates such a good atmosphere so spread the word and get your friends, family and the children’s teachers to come and watch!If you have any ticket questions, please contact the Box Office at the Hawth on 01293 553636, for anything else, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you,Flo, Amelia & Abbie x
We are very excited for the show and we know the children are too! There will be lots of important emails with crucial information on over the next couple of weeks so please read them carefully.
Flo, Amelie & Abbie xx
“On a high after watching the Kicks Dance show this evening. It was AMAZING! I am so proud of how well my gorgeous Emma danced. In fact I am so proud of all our little ones as they are all such superstars. Thank you for all your hard work”
My little girl has gone to bed a very happy little girl! She screeched “when am I doing it again?!”
“So amazed and proud of my beautiful Joshua. What a brilliant show. You are amazing at your job and all the Kicks teachers too! The hard work you all put into the show has definitely paid off. Thank you so much!”